6.28.2011

Joseph & Leah: from first impressions to "she said yes" (Part 2)








So yeah, Leah thought I was annoying at first, but I was like a funny, charming, devilishly handsome fungus. I grew on her...

So there we were: March 30, 2010, 7:00PM. It's Leah birthday, and I have pulled out all of the stops. We had been hanging out a lot, and become pretty good friends. She was,and still is, gorgeous, awesome, sarcastic, talented, witty, beautiful, and I was crushing pretty hard. We weren't dating yet, but I had a good feeling that was about to change. We had already gone out the eat at Shane's on Youree Drive that night, and were heading back to my house.

Little did she know I had made her a birthday table. Yes, a table. Well... not really a table. Just a regular old table with tons of her favorite stuff on it. I had decorated it like a birthday cake. It had candles, and diet coke, and chocolates, and little pretty-girly-things. Normally, I'm not a bragger, but I don't think that spread will ever be topped.

We just sat, talked, watch a movie, and visited with a few of my family that walked through to say hello.  I was so smooth. (I got game.) Then I asked her out. I was so nervous. (I'm a big rejection-phobe) She said yes. And we went Facebook official the next day.

If I only knew what was next...

1 comment: