5.17.2011

New in the Morning

Everyone feels prejudged at times. Everyone wants a fresh start. At least, that's how I felt when I wrote "New in the Morning." It felt like people thought they knew who I was, what I was capable of, and where I should be going. I didn't like that. So, instead of stewing about it, I wrote. This song was inspired by my thoughts and feelings but doesn't portray them verbatim. I prefer to write "in character". Take it easy and go along for the ride.

A huge thanks goes to DJBlank who was a huge part of the production process. I most definitely could not have done any of this without him. Thanks goes to my dear friend, Chelsea, who encouraged me creatively. It was my first try at writing a "poppier" song. At the end of the day, we all had a great time. Oh! And thanks to everyone else who put up with the annoying process of figuring out vocal runs at 2:00AM.

Without further ado, here is a preview of "New in the Morning"!


Oh! You can also make comments right on this blog! If you can, follow this blog using Gmail, Google, OpenID, e-mail and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment